Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Update on Aidan

First of all, thank you Jamie and Kerrie for the good ideas for keeping Aidan occupied. We've been keeping relatively busy and happy.

He's doing much better. Yesterday morning he let me put pants on him for the first time since the injury (he had been saying it hurt to pull them over his foot - even scrunched up to minimize the contact). Then yesterday afternoon after his nap, he said he felt better and was able to stand, albeit gingerly. And later that night I had left him sitting on the couch to get Ethan ready for bed and when I came out he had climbed down and hobbled to the edge of the carpet, clinging to the edges of the couch for support, but could go no further, as the edges of the couch had run out. He'd been on his way to watch the oven timer, one of his favorite pastimes, and evidently a powerful incentive for his recovery.

We were invited to the open jump at Pump It Up today, but had to reluctantly turn it down. Though he's made quite a bit of progress in the past 24 hours, there's no way Aidan's ready to jump in a bounce house. We do, however, have a Christmas party tonight at Chuck E. Cheese that I think we're going to try to make. I think he might enjoy eating pizza and watching the shows at least. They do have some crafty activities planned also, I think, and our Secret Santa gift exchange, so enough to keep him busy I hope, even if he can't run around.

Ethan's been a big help, unselfishly offering his toys to Aidan, and suggesting to me things he might like.

And so on down the road to full recovery we go.

1 comment:

Kerrie said...

I'm so glad he's on the mend already!