Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Today is Ethan's birthday! He's 5 years old, and I can hardly believe it.

We're having our special birthday breakfast at the moment - homemade biscuits and chocolate gravy - and we might go have lunch with Dave. We'll have mini eclairs and open a few presents after dinner, and save the cake and major festivities for his party on Sunday.

He's a handful, that's for certain, but he is an amazing kid. Funny, rambunctious, brilliant, affectionate, and with an exuberance and zest for life the likes of which I've never seen. And have I mentioned he's brilliant?

Happy birthday, Ethan! I love you SO much!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday Ethan! I hope you all have a wonderful day of celebrating!

Claire said...

Happy Birthday Ethan! Wow...five years? Already???

I hope you have all an Awesome day!

Kerrie said...

Happy Birthday Ethan, hope you had a great day!

I think you've mentioned the Chocolate Gravy and biscuits before - I think a recipe posting is in order! :-D