Friday, October 17, 2008

Where in the World is Mommy?

I admit it. I've been lying low. I have a family situation in GA that's completely out of my control and I've been struggling with just sitting on my hands waiting for news, and haven't felt much like blogging, or, really, anything else.

And that's all I have to say about that. For now.

In other news, Dave got me a snazzy new laptop. The other one decided not to hold any sort of charge anymore, so I was chained to the kitchen bar. Finally we sold it, and I used the desktop PC in the office for a while, but that was tough because when I wanted to get on the computer, I was, well, in the office, and the kids usually weren't. That wasn't working out so well. And since Dylan is sharing the office as his room, I didn't have naptime to get on anymore either.

But now! Snazzy new laptop, and is it ever adorable. It's a Dell mini, and by mini they mean really mini. The keyboard is taking quite a bit of getting used to, but it's such a luxury to charge it up and take it to wherever the kids go. I can sit in the living room! I can go outside! To the park!

This week has been a busy one, with a birthday party at Little Gym Sunday, a trial run at the new kids' club at church on Tuesday (which they LOVED - so much so that we promptly wrote checks for dues and ordered uniforms), and company for dinner last night.

In between, I've been planning Ethan's birthday party. Since the night of last year's party, he's begged for this party to be Polar Express. Actually, no, he begged first for Shrek till I finally just said absolutely not, and then he switched to Polar Express and hasn't wavered but for about 15 minutes when he thought he wanted John Deere. I'm having to actually work at it this time, since there's not ready-made Polar Express birthday stuff out there. There is no kit to order from anyone. So it's a challenge and a lot of fun.

Anyway, that's what I've been up to. I hope to clear this writer's block soon.

3 comments:

Kerrie said...

You've always impressed me with how articulate you are while raising a houseful of active boys!
Even with the help of my wonderful teenagers I'm so tired by the end of most days that I can't put the day's events into anything near coherent. I'm sure that writer's block will clear soon! :-)

Claire said...

Wow, a Polar Express cake? We've been watching that movie nearly everyday for at least the last month now. The boys love the movie and the book. Ty'Lain went from wanting a Wall-E cake to a construction site cake for his birthday next month - now he's stuck with the construction site. I wonder if he'd change his mind if I mentioned a Polar Express cake to him? ;P

Do you make your own cakes? I wouldn't even know where to start on this one though....

Mommy said...

You know, I was so stressed about having to make some sort of train cake, because I'm just really not that creative...and then I read about someone who made a ticket cake instead...a regular 9x13 with semi-circles punched out of the ends, and I thought it was pure genius, so I'm doing that. A HUGE load off my mind. LOL

I made his cake last year, but it wasn't fancy. It was just a banana snack cake.

We'll see how the ticket cake goes. ;)