Sunday, May 18, 2008

Recent Ethan Quotes

Yesterday morning at breakfast Ethan noticed that the sun was shining on the water in his wading pool and reflecting the ripples onto the living room ceiling. He pointed it out to Dave, saying, "See, Daddy? That's the reflection of the water in my pool. It looks like dreams dancing."

*****

Ethan's doing yard work in the back yard this afternoon, busily mowing with his wagon, and "weedeatering" with the big watering can. He came upon two bugs joined together at the tail, presumably mating, the one in front crawling around as if nothing were happening, dragging its mate along backwards. For a split second I envisioned myself scrambling for an explanation, but as it turns out I needn't have worried. It made perfect sense to Ethan, without my having to say a word. The one bug was simply towing the other.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I like the "dreams dancing".

Sometimes it's easier to wait for them to come up with their own explanation rather than give ours. I often count to ten to see what Ida comes up with before I get into something sticky;o)