Monday, February 04, 2008

King Cake

One of Dave's office mates was kind enough to send home with him a cream cheese King Cake for Mardi Gras.

He asked me as he presented me with it, "You know about King Cakes, right?"

"Yes."

"So you know about the..."

"...the choking hazard? Yes."

We had some after dinner tonight. Ethan is convinced HE is going to be the one who finds the baby, and to that end, I broke down and let him have two pieces - one purple, and one gold. So far nothing has turned up, so I've assured him we'll try again tomorrow after lunch. He is so excited, and has told me about how he will wash the baby and play with it.

And I'm trying not to judge his paternal instincts solely in light of the fact that this afternoon he ripped the leg off of a Buzz Lightyear action figure. (QOTD is from Dave: "I am Buzz Lightyear - I come in two pieces.")

No comments: