Saturday, December 01, 2007

Little Man

I'm accustomed to, when Aidan or Dylan start to grow out of their clothes, digging in boxes until I find more clothes in a bigger size. It's hard for me to remember that when I put Ethan in his church clothes of a morning, and his ankles and wrists are pitifully exposed, there are no more boxes full of bigger clothes for Ethan.

It is always a shock to me to see he's grown a size. I'm never prepared for it.

So, yesterday, we hit Kohls and Target to get him a couple things to get him through the winter.

And when I got him dressed this morning for church, I was startled to see just how much he looks like a little man, and less like a little boy. What a feeling - bittersweet - to realize how quickly he's growing up.











1 comment:

Kerrie said...

He's so handsome!
*sigh* You blink and... *sniffle*