Thursday, August 30, 2007

Tagged!

I was tagged by Jamie!

Obviously I'm not tag-savvy, because I saw in the comments, "TAG!" and I kept trying to puzzle out what it could mean. Then I went to read her blog and the little light bulb went on over my head.

I am SO blonde.

OK, so here we go.

The rules:
Post the rules before giving the facts. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. At the end of the your blog you need to tag (hopefully) six people and list their names. Leave them a comment on their blog, telling them they have been tagged and not to forget to read your blog.

The random facts/habits about me:


1. I met my husband in an online chat room.

2. I always thought for certain I would have three little girls. I had no idea how I would handle boys; therefore, of course, I just wouldn't have them. Guess what? Three boys.

3. Much to my husband's frustration, I've tried and tried to understand football, but it's still beyond me. I know about touchdowns, and I know about tackles, and really that's the extent of it. When I was in the 5th grade (or maybe it was the 6th?) we played flag football in PE. Somehow I ended up with the ball and started running for my life, and realized there was no one behind me. For a split second I thought I was just that fast! but no, I was just running in the wrong direction. So yeah...football...not my thing.

4. I hate talking on the phone. Seriously. Hate it. I have a TON of anxiety about the stupid phone.

5. I can't for the life of me say "architecture." It always comes out "architexture," no matter how many times I try, or how slowly I say it. I can, however, say "lecture" and "conjecture" with no problem whatsoever. Go figure.

6. I seem to unconsciously mimic the accents of people I'm around.
I once worked for a very small software company whose employees included Indian, Dutch, British, Chinese, and several Southern people. Needless to say, my accent ended up being very strange, which I didn't notice until someone at an auto parts store (not two miles from where I'd been living for the past almost-twenty years) asked me where I was from.

7. I always read the very last sentence in a book before I start reading the book. It tells me nothing whatsoever about how the book ends, but I do it anyway.

8. I can read a book for hours on end (at least, I used to could, before I had three boys under four), but I rarely have the attention span necessary to sit through a movie.

They say no man is an island, but apparently I'm pretty close to it, since I don't know 6 bloggers to tag! I can only tag one - Gail! Hopefully she knows more bloggers than I, and can better help perpetuate this.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

YAY! Thanks Ami! I remember #7 from another time but I still had to laugh at that one. And I'm SO with you on #4! I could really live without phones!

Kerrie said...

LOL - I can never say "architectural" - which is horrible since I'm a historic building buff!
I start at the back of books too, we're just warped. :-D