Friday, August 03, 2007

Someone Didn't Even Take a Cursory Glance at the Chart

I can't believe I forgot to post this gem yesterday. As it was happening, I was thinking in the back of my head it was a perfect tidbit for the blog.

Yesterday morning I was wheeled down to radiology for some X-rays. The tech came out into the hall to fetch me, wheeled me into the room, and,

Tech: Is there any chance you could be pregnant?

Me: *startled silence, then laughing* Well, I just had a C-Section yesterday. So...unless they missed something REALLY obvious...!

3 comments:

Kerrie said...

Oh my gosh - Congratulations Ami!!

I haven't had a moment to breathe lately but I finally managed to stop in to see if you had that little one and ... and wow!

I read Dave's play-by-play and all the updates and browsed through the pictures of your beautiful little guys. You & your husband are amazing! Your cheerful spirit and optimism are such an inspiration!

The kids and I will be praying for Dylan, Dave's Granny and for your whole family.
Hope you're all well and home SOON!
*heart*

Tiff said...

That is soooo funny!
And how funny you are and the way you catch life's little sitcoms.

My prayers are with you all... love you!
Tiff

StayingSaneNTN said...

Ami...I got the mass email from Dave today and can't believe what you've been going through! My heart really goes out to you. I know you must be anxious to get to Dallas. Your nurse friend loves you and wants you well so be sure to flex your calf muscles frequently and walk around a few times on the way to prevent pooling and risk for blood clots...recent major surgery and long car trips aren't friendly neighbors. I will truly be praying for you all and will keep up with the progress on Dave's blog. I wish you all the best! (not sure what name will show up...this is Pam in TN)