Thursday, August 02, 2007

REAL FOOD!

I never thought I would wax poetic about hospital food. It's not even that it's a stellar meal in any way. But after living on Jello (I just couldn't stomach the fake-tasting sherbet and faker-tasting popsicles) (because Jello is not fake-tasting at all!), this meal tastes fit for the Gods.

Never mind that the crust on the pie was mushy. It was a pumpkin mousse, with spiced whipped cream! Never mind that there was nary a hint of tomato on the salad - it was the best salad I've ever eaten.

I have a roll! And carrots!

I. Am. In. Heaven.




PS - I think Dave may be smuggling me some Wendy's. At least, I hope so. Don't tell on me - please!

UPDATE: No Wendy's, but some friends of ours from church stopped by with some delicious take out from the Thai place that I haven't had a chance to go to yet. Man, and I thought I was impressed with the hospital food - I had forgotten just how good a meal could be. And even better - the smell of limes is still lingering on my fingertips.

No comments: