Saturday, August 18, 2007

Grandaddy















My dad is here. He called this morning from outside Dallas, having driven 24 hours straight through from his job in Wisconsin. I guess he really, really, really wanted to see his grandsons. The last time he saw Ethan was when Ethan was 6 months old.



He got here safely, despite the sleep deprivation, and is driving a new Monte Carlo, with which Ethan is enthralled. He even let Ethan "drive" it around the block.



Then we took him to the closest hotel to get a room and get some sleep for crying out loud! I was supposed to call him at 6, but I just tried and I guess he was more tired than he realized. When I can get him up, we're going to dinner. I offered to cook my famous mac n cheese, but he wouldn't let me.



In a fit of insanity, he insisted he's only staying the night and driving back tomorrow. I'm going to see if I can change his mind - that's a lot of driving to just stay the night.

2 comments:

Kerrie said...

Now that is one dedicated Grandaddy!
Have a wonderful visit! (I hope he stays longer! :-) )

claire said...

Awww, how sweet! I'm glad Ethan had such a great visit. How much longer were you able to get him to stay? ;)