Thursday, July 19, 2007

Lost in Translation

The Other Day:

Ethan: Grandma, what did you say? What were you talking about to Mommy?
Grandma: We were talking about the power going out where your Daddy works.
Ethan: What?? Say it again, Grandma.
Grandma: We were talking about the power going out where your Daddy works.
Ethan: What?? Where my Daddy burps?!


Today:

Ethan: Why do I not get in the stroller?
Me: Because you're not a little baby anymore - you're a big boy.
Ethan: When I get little I can ride in it.
Me: You're not going to get little. You're going to get big. You're going to turn into a man, like Daddy.
Ethan: What?!
Me: You're going to grow into a man.
Ethan: What?! A van?!

(poor thing - I had to burst his bubble. I think he was very excited and it would fulfill his fondest wish to someday turn into a van.)

No comments: