Monday, July 23, 2007

For Jamie

(Because apparently I've lost the ability to comment on my own blog! So you get your very own post, just for you!)

If ever there were such a thing as a desultory contraction, I've got them. I get several a day, but they always stand alone, as my body apparently can't be bothered to string more than one, or, at the most, two of them together at a time. There's no rhyme or reason to them.

But I am still optimistic, because at least I am contracting, after all. I was woken up twice last night by mild discomfort, but again, was too lazy to keep things going.

So that's where we stand today. Maybe I should plan a little day trip to, say, Dallas. I bet if I went further than 25 miles or so from home, things would get moving quickly.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh my goodness. I feel quite important today! I opened you blog and sat for a moment in disbelief when I saw my name...LOL!

I'm sure a road trip would ensure labor! But you might be better off playing it safe and just hanging out at home til Friday!!!

Thank you so much for the update. I can't wait for the BIG UPDATE!!!

Thinking of you!

Jamie said...

WAIT! I just noticed this was posted on Monday. Today is Wednesday...perhaps something HAS happened by now!!!