Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Feeling Snarky

Wow - these pregnancy hormones are something else. The further along I get, the more intolerant and, in general, annoyed-with-the-world I become.

I had to run an errand to WalMart to pick up a water play table my mom ordered for the boys. Pulling in, I saw the Pregnant Parking spots were taken, but when I pulled down the aisle where they are located, hoping to find the next-best spot, lo and behold an SUV in one of the spots had its hatch open, and its owner was loading his groceries.

That's right: I said "his." Not another passenger to be seen for miles. Just a 70-something year old man (and a perfectly spry and lively one at that) parked in the Pregnant spot, loading his goodies.

You simply do not have any idea of the willpower it took not to roll down my window and ask him when he was due.

Instead I grumbled fiercely to myself, and took the spot as soon as he deigned to vacate it. Because I am nothing if not respectful of my elders. In person, that is. I apparently have no problem going home and writing snarkily online about them.

2 comments:

Kerrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kerrie said...

"ask him when he was due"
Oh my gosh!! THAT is too funny! I wish you'd done it. :-)
I have a soft spot for "seasoned citizens" so I'd probably give him the benefit of the doubt and figured maybe he had arthritic knees or a touch of gout in his left foot... or *something*.
What REALLY gets me is when I see a perfectly fit 40-something woman pull into one of those spaces with her 6 and 8 year old kids. This is always the same person who lets those kids, who are perfectly capable of walking through the store on their own, sit in the dual seat cart that's meant for mothers with wriggly toddlers. :-P

Oops! Sorry for the delete, messed up and added an extra word in there, wouldn't it be great if you could edit comments instead of just trashing & re-writing? :-)