Monday, June 25, 2007

To Which of Us Does This Apply?









Ethan is going through a phase. And what a phase!

When we warningly tell him, "Ethan, if you ABC, we will XYZ," his response is a akin to a surly, "Oh yeah? Prove it." Upon which he does ABC and - surprise! - we do XYZ, much to his consternation, and there is invariably a great deal of wailing and gnashing of teeth.

This happens over and over and over and over and over and we simply are not seeing the light at the end of this tunnel. We are having way too many not-fun days. I'm starting to think the whole "consistency" theory is a crock.

So the question is, if the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different result, which of us is crazy? Is it Ethan? Or is it us?

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I am so far behind with your blog. I just read all that I had missed, and as usual, you had me LOL!

Ofcourse this one has me nodding my head(or is it banging my head?)in agreement. I keep telling myself consistency is the key. But I'm thinking my daughter's stubborness is stronger than my determination to be consistent!

mommy said...

Oh, I hear you! The consistency is wearing me so very very thin! Some days just letting things go seems SO tempting!

Kerrie said...

LOLOL! I'm behind too Ami, I saw all the flooding in your state and decided to pop in and check up on you guys.
"Oh yeah? Prove it." Oh my gosh - you know what's happening, don't you? Ethan's turning into a real Texan! ;-)

mommy said...

We're safe and sound. 38 inches ahead on rain for the year, but no flooding to speak of - at least not at our house. The roads are another story.

Oh dear. A real Texan. LOL Heaven help us all!