Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Quotes of the Day

During a bit of an altercation over whether Ethan really did have to take a bath:

Me: You will take a bath because you're stinky, but also because I'm the Mommy. That means I'm the boss.
Ethan: Daddy is the boss, too.
Me: That's right. And when you grow up and you're a Daddy, you can be the boss. But for now, you're not.
Ethan: When I grow up and I'm the Daddy, I will eat the crusts! (referring to the fact that Dave eats the crusts off Ethan's sandwiches, since Ethan doesn't like them)

*~*~*~*~*

Aidan started crying and Ethan walked over to kiss him.

Me: What happened? What made Aidan cry?
Ethan: I think he is crying because he lost his job.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Because he lost his job? That's funny! Where do they come up with this stuff?

mommy said...

I think he may have gotten it from Curious George.

It was just weird to have him say it, since he's never said it before.

Kids are so funny with stuff they say.