Monday, March 26, 2007

Blue Moon

I've been quite proud of myself this pregnancy. I didn't exactly start out at the weight I would have liked, but I've managed the additional weight gain well, adding only about 7 pounds so far, here at the halfway mark.

I'm afraid all that is about to change. I'm about to get a whole lot fatter.

Behold, my newest acquisition: a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker

I bought it yesterday, and put the bowl straight in the freezer in preparation. Shortly, Ethan and I will cook up the first batch, and of course we'll let you know how the taste test goes.

But wait! There's more! I have found the Holy Grail of ice cream.

Those of you who grew up in, or visited, Michigan and its surrounding states as a kid may remember a delightful flavor of ice cream called Blue Moon. For those of us, like me, who grew up in the south and only visited Michigan, it was elusive. Not available at any price outside of that region.

Today, I found a company in Kalamazoo that sells the flavor concentrate. And I have it on good authority (OK, I have it on the authority of a random comment on a website, but in my altered state (pregnant) that's good enough for me) that it is the real deal and is wonderful and amazing and everything I am looking for. I'm planning on ordering a bottle and making my own Blue Moon ice cream right here in Texas.

Never mind that some of the best peaches and blackberries are to be found here. I'm sure we'll be using those as well, but for the most part my intention is to curl up with a heaping bowl of creamy artificial goodness.

I. Cannot. Wait.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Blue Moon icecream? I've never heard of it. Hmmmm. Where can I get some?