Monday, February 26, 2007

Perfect Day

I had another appointment with the OB this morning. I was the first appointment, so they were able to get me in and out fairly quickly. I got to see the baby again via ultrasound, since thanks to the fibroid I have, the baby's heartbeat is hard to find with the Doppler. I'm not complaining! We still don't know gender, but I'm thinking maybe girl? The heartbeat seemed slower than Ethan's or Aidan's were, and they say faster heartbeats = boys. So...we'll see. March 30 is when we find out whether it's a boy or girl.

Aidan woke up far earlier this morning than he normally does. So I got him down for an early-ish nap and Ethan and I packed a little picnic and walked to the park. We've had several days lately of sunny weather and 70 degree temps, and I've been trying to take advantage of it as much as possible. I tried so hard to pack a nutritious lunch (sandwiches, watermelon, string cheese, and dried apricots), and what did he do? I'll tell you what he did, the stinker. He found a green apple Now-n-Later on the ground, and snuck under the playscape to try to eat it! I caught him in the nick of time.

Now he's in bed, and hopefully he'll nap. I promised him if he fell asleep quickly, we could go back outside this evening before it gets too dark.

UPDATE:
Wrong! I was wrong! In researching pregnancy folklore to make certain the post was right, I learned that slower heartrates are boys. Faster ones are girls. So the slower heartrate has me thinking BLUE now.

2 comments:

Dave said...

How do you know the Now & Later wasn't the second or third that he found this afternoon? Or more even? :-)

mommy said...

I didn't know. Disturbing, no? :S