Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Reason 5,890,283 My Husband is the Best Ever

This morning I was doing my obligatory daily shopping on Amazon, when I came across two books I was dying to have. Both were about Erskine Caldwell, in whom I've been interested for years: one a biography, and the other his autobiography. Both used, in great condition, hardcover first editions. And each $7 or less, including shipping. I told Dave about them, and he promptly told me I could have them. Yay!

Later on during the course of my daily news/blog reading, I stumbled across something I had never heard of. Reason magazine. I was on their site for less than a minute before I was incurably hooked. I IM'ed my husband: "have you ever heard of this magazine? It's amazing! I'm having so much fun reading these articles! They seem very libertarian." Yes, he'd heard of Reason. I went back to browsing their articles, and before too long an IM popped up from him saying he'd just gotten me a subscription, and I could expect the first copy in 6 weeks.

And I started to cry. Because it was so unexpected and so sweet. It may not seem like a big deal - it's just a magazine. But that's not the point, and it's a big deal to me.

So dearest, when you read this, thank you again a million times over.

I love you.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

He's a sweetie:o)