Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Good Day

I'm having a really good day today.

I had another ultrasound and labwork this morning. We got to take home 5 pictures from this ultrasound, and the needle for the bloodwork didn't even hurt. So yay! AND the pictures from this session turned out really well - we got a great profile shot, and a very cute picture of a leg. Cute to me, anyway. After all, I AM the mother. I'll see if I can post a couple of them soon.

The baby is 5.75 centimeters, crown to rump. How impossibly, perfectly tiny! And yet, there on the screen, the detail was so great, you could see the fingers on its hand. It was amazing.

(An aside - the best ultrasound screen capture we ever got was with Ethan. The tech got a picture of just the bottoms of his little feet, and labelled it, aptly, "feet." Hands down my favorite shot of them all so far.)

We had Chick-Fil-A for breakfast!

When we came home, and I was getting lunch set up for Ethan, he went into the living room and picked up all his cars and put them away. Without being asked. I know. I made much of it, believe me.

It's been sleety and rainy today, so the neighbors kept their barking dog inside. (Oh, dear readers, don't even get me started on that flipping dog. This is a GOOD post.)

I put new batteries in one of Ethan's trucks and in his flashlight, and he should be pretty well occupied with them for the rest of the afternoon.

Now, I don't have any clue what to make for dinner, but I'll worry about that later.

No comments: