Saturday, October 07, 2006

Comedian

Ethan is discovering his budding sense of humor.

He told his first knock-knock joke the other night. It went like this:

Ethan: Knock knock!
Me: Who's there?
Ethan: Candle.
Me: Candle who?
Ethan: *uproarious laughter*

And that was the whole joke, I guess. But he was so tickled by it, he repeated it over and over and overandover, playing both parts himself, and laughing every time.

Eventually he said, "April fools!" and that was pretty much the end of it.

He cracks himself up. And I think that's what's funniest of all.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Nothing is funnier than when they make themselves laugh. Toddler giggles are contagious!

Claire said...

That is funny! Ty'Lain is in the stage where he laughs just because everyone else is laughing. It's cute too, because it's not just a little giggle. He throws his head back and laughs like he actually "got" the joke and it's the funniest thing in the world. Maybe to him it is. ;) I can't help but laugh with him.

Other times he just laughs for no known reason, at least to me. Then I'm not sure if I want to know what's so funny or not. :P