Friday, September 08, 2006

TGIF

Since the last post still takes my breath away, I'm going to push it down the page with this post of fun and happy things that have been happening this week.

1) Aidan is up on all fours. He will be crawling any second. I originally predicted he'd have the hang of it by the end of the weekend, but now it's looking like I may have been wrong. He's very mobile nonetheless. Though he can't crawl, he's very resourceful with the rolling and scooting to get to where he wants to go (and a few places he doesn't, like completely under the bed (???) or getting his foot stuck under the entertainment center).

2) The weather this week has been gorgeous. OK, so it's been in the low 90's, but hey, at least it's not 105 anymore. The beginning of the week we had a couple of days in the 80's. I've been able to completely shut off the air and open the windows in the mornings. The house smells incredible when the windows are open. So fresh and clean.

3) Ethan's been very accepting of the newly mobile Aidan. He cheers him on, and gets down on the floor to play with him, and shares his toys. Yes, that's right. My two-year-old has the sharing thing DOWN - I'm so proud of him! Granted, the toys are not always appropriate, but that's easy to fix. The important thing is, he's doing it. He truly loves his little brother. We haven't had a single instance of rivalry thus far. Honestly, we were prepared for the worst, and it's been far, far better than we ever dared hope.

4) Ethan found a lizard outside! He called it a cricket at first, until I came over to see, and told him what it was. We didn't touch it (I think he's still too little to truly know to be careful), but he watched it until it eventually made its way around the side of the house. He was fascinated.

5) We've been able to spend a lot more time outside since the weather has been cooler. Ethan's been getting rid of a lot of his energy running around in the back yard and even over at the park! With other kids! Of varying ages! I'm hoping that this fall the park is a social hub. It would be so good for both of us.

I know there are more, but I can't think of them. I suppose five is enough to be getting on with.

What about you? What good things happened for you this week?

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I used to write down my 5 good things daily and fell out of that routine. I think you've inspired me to start again!

mommy said...

Yay! I'm glad. :)

I've been in such a funk lately, it will do me good to try to think a little more positively.