Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A Perfect Day

Wow. Today was about as perfect as they come. I haven't had such a good day in a really long time.

Last night I heard Ethan still awake and singing at 10:30PM. His normal bedtime is around 8:30, so I groaned at the thought of what he would be like today.

It never happened.

We went to the park first thing this morning, and stayed for a long time. For the first time I saw proof of the stay-at-home dad phenomenon I keep hearing so much about. Two of them showed up, one with a little girl, and one with a little boy.

We went to Target.

We came home and everyone ate lunch. Aidan went down for a nap and Ethan and I went back to the park. We couldn't have asked for a more gorgeous day. 80 and sunny.

We came home and I put Ethan down for a nap...

...which he didn't take. So I was dreading the afternoon and evening. His lack of sleep is usually a recipe for an insanely hyperactive boy for the rest of the day.

It didn't happen. He watched Curious George (three times), and played with Aidan, sharing his cars and his new soccer ball from Target. His behavior was absolutely stellar.

He kicked up a bit of a fuss over dinner, but nothing near as bad as we've seen in the past.

And now he's on his way to bed.

And the wonderful glow I feel after such a beautiful perfect day will hopefully carry me through the rest of the week, whatever it brings.

UPDATE:

Oh! And! AND!!! We got the most awesome box o' cool stuff ever, from Gail! Again, and a million times more: Thank you, Gail!

2 comments:

Gail said...

You're welcome! :)

I'm glad you guys liked the box!! I'm still so stinkin excited! LOL :D

Oh yeah, what did E think of the stickers?

Jamie said...

Don't you just love days like this? Here's hoping it's a trend;o)