Tuesday, September 19, 2006

A Little Help Over Here Please?

Isn't there such a thing as a Laundry Fairy?

I mean, when you're little you have the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny, and Santa, and the grown-ups work very hard to make sure nothing disturbs your little la-la utopia. All you have to do is believe, and someone older and responsible does all the work in the middle of the night.

Is it so much to ask that if I choose to believe in the Laundry Fairy, even if one doesn't exist, someone can come along while I sleep and fold everything for me?

And while we're at it, let's see what we can do about a Stuff-That's-Too-Big-or-Oddly-Shaped-for-the-Dishwasher Fairy. Because this princess does not like getting her hands wet.

Ah, well. A girl can dream, can't she?

5 comments:

prying1 said...

There are no laundry fairies.

Try the elves division...

Milly Moo said...

Ah yes, even down here in Australia there are some of us who dream of such a fairy... My husband is a good cook and such a 'public' skill earns him mucho praise and compliments, but when I does anyone ever see their clean undies magic themselves back in their drawer and rush to me with an excited look in their eyes gasping out, THANK YOU OH GREAT ONE, thank you!

Jamie said...

I'm looking for the bathroom cleaning fairy...seen her anywhere?

Minxxeee's Mayhem said...

I have contacted the houseowrk fairies union and have learnt thatthey are all on strike because they claim to not get paid enough.... w/e though right... I am STILL waiting for them to come here and do my jobs that need doing.

lilfunky1 said...

heh. i'm not a mom. therefore i actually enjoy doing dishes and laundry. because both only need to be done at most once per week?

except the pots & pans. those are usually every 2 days!

sorry... i'll be quiet!