Monday, September 25, 2006

Hiatus

I know, I know. Those of you who are my regular readers are checking in to find....nothing. Day after day after day.

Well! I will tell you why...

It's GORGEOUS out, that's why. We've had day after day after day of sunny weather in the 80's (OK, so this past Saturday, with the heat index climbing to nearly 105, and the storms...that doesn't count). Today is even more spectacular, and Ethan and I spent all morning at the park with a little nearly-two-year-old girl named Trinity who was there with her grandparents. So excited was he to have someone to play with, he let her ride on his Home Depot digger! And her legs were too short for her feet to reach the ground so he helped her out by pushing it around for her. It was the sweetest thing I'd ever seen in my life. And when Trinity got tired and was ready to go home, they gave each other a hug and a kiss. ***melt***

It's really hard to be depressed when the weather is like this. Every time I step outside in the sun and feel that breeze it just makes me smile. It's crazy, I know, but just being able to turn off the air and leave the windows open all day and breathing in all this fresh air is doing wonders for my mental health.

So...I've been on a bit of hiatus while I get rejuvenated. I've been puttering around the house, being happy and putting together lots of freezer meals so that I can take a night or two off now and then. And I'm sure I'll have something to talk about soon. Till then, if you're really bored, there's always the archives.

2 comments:

Gail said...

That sounds so cute! And I wish we had weather like that, I'm jealous.

Jamie said...

I hear you. Nothing beats fall weather...except maybe a good snow storm:o) Although I have to laugh when I see the temperatures that you find refreshing! I think I was the same way when we lived in Orlando.