Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Tattletale

Ethan tattled on someone last night. I thought I was safe from that until Aidan was old enough to get on his nerves, but no.

Who did he tattle on?

He tattled on Daddy.

Ethan was sitting at the table finishing up his dinner. Dave was teasing him by singing the Bob the Builder theme song, and Ethan was saying, "No, Daddy! Don't sing it!" Finally He'd had enough.

"Mommy?? Mommy!!"
"Yes, Ethan?"
"Mommy!!!"
"Yes, Ethan? What is it?"
"Daddy's singing the Bob the Builder song!"

He had the inflections down and everything. It was a classic, textbook tattle.

Me, shocked, to Dave: Is that what I think it was? Did he just....tattle on you?!
Dave: Yes, I believe he did.

I wonder how much more of this I'll hear before Aidan is walking. I wonder if this is an isolated incident, or if my son is going to become a tattletale before he's even three.

I'm still kind of giggling about it this morning. Come back and talk to me in a couple of years, though, and I might not be quite so amused by it.

No comments: