Sunday, August 13, 2006

I'm Back!

'Dya miss me?

SO much has been going on this past week, I don't even know where to begin.

First of all, and biggest of all, Dave's mom and grandmother came for a visit. We loved having them, and it never seems like we have enough time to do all the things we want to do. I remember telling them on Monday, "Well, that's OK, we have all week," and come Friday I was eating my words. With tasty dipping sauce even. It was crazy.

We did manage to make it into Dallas on a day trip. We went to IKEA (oh, how I (heart) IKEA!), where we got a playmat for Ethan and a new blankie and bear for Aidan, and Dave's mom got me a deliciously scented lavender candle. We drove by South Fork Ranch for some pictures, but didn't have time for a tour. Maybe next time.

And then!

Then, on Friday, my poor mother-in-law spent 4 hours with Aidan and me at the Dr's office and the hospital (whole 'nother post which I'll do separately). I had no idea it would turn into a four-hour fiasco. The plan was to spend maybe an hour or so taking Aidan to the Doctor and then run some errands. Barbara, again, I am SO sorry. I know that's not how you wanted to spend your last day here.

Mother-in-law and Granny made it home safely (albeit after pulling an unintentional all-nighter and getting home at 5:30AM), and I hope they come back soon!

So, like I said, I'm back and rarin' to blog. And I've been tagged, which is a first for me, and I'll get to that shortly as well.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I was wondering where you were...glad you are back!