Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Birthday Party

Sunday afternoon one of the ladies from our neighborhood stopped by our house. I know her slightly. We've talked at the playground, and she is a homeschooler and a really great mom. She brought me a page from her church bulletin about a Family Fun Night they were having at a local children's museum, and wondered if we'd like to bring Ethan.

We'd never been, but I'd been meaning to check it out. So we went.

As we walked in the door, we were handed a ticket for a door prize drawing at the end of the evening. We saw a taaaall man on stilts, had some ice cream, and played and had fun in the rest of the museum. It came time for the drawing and I was standing and talking with the lady who had invited us, when Ethan fell down some stairs at the bee hive exhibit. I went to pick him up and comfort him, and as we were sitting there, our ticket number was called.

We won a birthday party at the museum! I was thrilled.

Ethan LOVED the museum, and I know he'll be so excited to have his birthday party there. We wouldn't have been able to afford to do this, so it was such a blessing to us to win it.

And the icing on the cake? They were handing out coupons for a free Chick-Fil-A milkshake as we were leaving. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a Chick-Fil-A addict. I'm waiting for just the right time to redeem our coupon, and Ethan and I will split it, since neither of us really need a whole one.

The evening couldn't have been more perfect, and I'm glad we went. And a big thank you to my neighbor for inviting us. Thank you for thinking of us - that was so sweet of you. Ethan had a blast!

2 comments:

Gail said...

That is going to be so much fun!!

I a tad bit jealous! :-P

Jamie said...

Woo-hoo! A party and a milk shake. Quite the winnings if you ask me:o)