Friday, August 18, 2006

Being Sick Makes Me Stupid

I've said this before, but I really get loopy when I'm under the weather. Why do I even share these things with you, dear reader, when it means embarassment? My motives are altruistic to the core. I tell you of my mistakes so that you won't make them.

Below is the wisdom gleaned from yesterday's experiences (aside from how much smarter I got watching the Abraham thing).

What to do when you have a sore throat and a headache:
1) Take Tylenol/Advil/homeopathic remedies
2) Lie down and sleep if you can

What NOT to do when you have a sore throat and a headache:
1) Take strong chemical cleaners into an unventilated bathroom and stand in the shower stall, scrubbing walls, floor, and fixtures until your chest is aching from the fumes.

Um, yeah.

And by the way, has anyone seen my brownies? Because I seem to have misplaced them yesterday in my haze. Seriously.

UPDATE: Dave 'fessed up in the comments. After initially telling me he didn't take them to work, leading me to stare blankly at the shelves in the pantry several times thinking they must be right in front of me and I was just overlooking them, I asked him if he was SURE he didn't take them, and lo and behold, there they were in his lunchbox.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ames --
It's me Tiff :)
You crack me up! You gotta tell me where you found the brownies!
Love to all!
ME

Gail said...

OH! I know where she found the brownies...

And as mentioned in her previous post, Ethan does have an imagination ;)

Jamie said...

Did you ever find those brownies?

Dave said...

Just so everyone knows, Ami found the brownies in my possession. I took them to work inadvertently. I consumed all but two of them. I brought them home for her to eat, since I knew she was feeling pretty crappy.

They were damned good, by the way.

:-)