Saturday, July 08, 2006

*YAWN*

Dear Neighbor -

I'm all for fireworks on the 4th of July weekend. I love them. Can't get enough of them. You will find few more tolerant than I about your setting off fireworks in the neighborhood late at night. Have at it, and enjoy.

But you start pulling the Rockets' Red Glare [stuff] at 4AM on July 8th, and we've got a little problem. You will find me in a far, far less indulgent mood.

And if we get a repeat of this behavior in the wee small hours of July 9th, you and I are going to have a little chat.

Don't make me come over there.

Sincerely,

Mommy

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I hear you and I'm with you! By midnight on July 4th, I'm done with fireworks. Didn't complain one bit as they were fired off through the night of the 4th, but once it's the 5th...the holiday is over(bah, humbug!)

mommy said...

I'm a fireworks Scrooge too. Luckily, we didn't get a 4AM repeat this morning. I'm so glad! LOL