Tuesday, July 25, 2006

My Gym Buddy

My wonderful husband - how I love him! He is the perfect gym partner.

We've been going to the gym now for about two weeks, and I can't speak for him, but I'm having so much fun!

I load up the kids and meet him there after he gets off work, and I can't tell you what a big difference it makes to have someone to work out with. He always pushes me just a teensy bit more than I thought I could do, and then a tiny bit beyond that, and then just the smidgiest smidgen more past that, and it's just...well...fun. I feel like I'm getting much more accomplished than I would just going on my own, and it's also nice to have the time with him without the kids to distract us.

Not to mention Ethan has time around other kids of all ages in the kids' room, which I think is just what he needs.

But this isn't about Ethan (although he's great too). This is about my husband, and how thrilled I am that we get to spend this time together every day, just me and him, even if we do get all sweaty and gross (in public, though, so of course it's in the cleanest way). And how he inspires me to go beyond what I think I can do. With him, I find I can do so much more. And isn't that what love is, right there?

I love you, sweetie!

MWAH!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

What a neat way to spend time with your husband and do something for yourself at the same time. Good for both of you for making the time to do it!

mommy said...

We weren't sure whether we'd be able to work it or not, with the timing. But so far, so good. Dinner is tricky some nights, but it's a small price to pay.

Dave said...

Awwww... and thanks to you for going with me! The more time we can spend together, the better.

Love,
Your Husband