Sunday, June 04, 2006

A Word to the Wise is Sufficient

The following is a Public Service Announcement from the Texas Commission for Accurate Labeling:

When taking sinus medication be aware that there are two kinds - the regular kind, resulting in a glassy-eyed, slack-jawed, drooling muddle, akin to something from Night of the Living Dead, except hopefully with a bit less of a mess; and then there's something they drolly call "non-drowsy."

Yes, well.

Ahem.

It's very important that you understand - as I did not - that non-drowsy does not denote neutrality. It would be helpful if they would note somewhere on the package that "non-drowsy" is actually code for "vats and vats of crystal meth condensed and encapsulated in an easy-to-swallow pill form."

Really I suppose I should've known this, but in my defense sick people shouldn't be held to the same intellectual standards as when they are well.

Anway, there you have it. I made the mistake so you dont have to.

No comments: