Monday, June 26, 2006

Waaaaaah!

Well, Ethan started his mini summer program this morning.

I packed his lunch (PBJ with blackberry jam, string cheese, applesauce cup, goldfish, and some water in his new sippy with a digger on it, in case you're wondering, and I know you are!), snapped a couple pictures of him by the door holding his lunch box, loaded everyone in the van, and away we went.

Halfway there I realized that, although I'd heartily commended myself for remembering to pack him a spoon, I'd forgotten to give him any napkins.

I must say, I'm impressed with the security on the campus. I had to have a key fob to get through the doors to where the classrooms are, and they gave me a beeper that I will have to have with me in order to pick him up this afternoon.

As predicted, he didn't even glance back over his shoulder at me. I didn't even get to tell him goodbye! He was through the door like a shot, shedding his lunch box to the floor en route to the playhouse he'd spotted across the room.

I mentioned his ongoing potty training to the teacher, handed over his bag with his change of clothes, they gave me the beeper, and that was that.

I took one last look at the back of his head, and we left.

At the risk of sounding like a HoverMom, I have to say I'm longing to be a fly on the wall. I am dying to know how he interacts with others when I'm not around.

I hope my little boy does OK.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

It sounds like he got off to a great start! He's going to love it. And you're being very brave!