Thursday, May 18, 2006

Spontaneous Affection

My husband asked me the other day when we could expect to see Ethan showing us affection spontaneously. So far he hadn't; he had to be prompted. "Give Daddy a hug." "Say, 'night night, Mommy. I love you.'"

Yesterday we were all out in the back yard and I was helping my husband put together our shed. As if he'd overheard our conversation the night before, Ethan came running up and hugged me tight around the legs and said, "I love you."

I turned to Dave and said, "well, there you are," and to Ethan, "I love you too, sweetie!"

And I melted into a little mommy-shaped puddle right there on the grass.

UPDATE:

Just now?

"Hi, mommy! Hi, pretty mommy!"

If this keeps up, there won't be anything left of me.

2 comments:

Gail said...

Awww, that is so cute! I can't wait!!!

I have the laptop sitting on an ottoman in the living room and this morning Zander pushed it out of the way. He then proceeded to climb up in my lap and give me a hug. Does that count?? :-P

mommy said...

Yes! That counts!

Those moments make it all worthwhile!