Monday, May 15, 2006

"Here, Mommy"

One of these times, I will learn the lesson. It's bound to happen at some point, right?

Ethan keeps coming up to me saying, "here, Mommy!" and my instinct is to just hold out my hand, barely giving him a glance.

Ethan: Here. Here, Mommy.
Me: Thank you, sweetie. What is it?
*pause*
Me: Ew!!! Ewwwww!
*shaking off hand furiously*
Ethan: Bug.

He keeps catching flies. Not just catching them, but catching them between his thumb and forefinger. I haven't a clue how he's doing it. He reminds me of the Karate Kid. I should get him some chopsticks and see what he does with them.

He can catch all the flies he wants. If that's what it takes to cut down on their population here in the house, so be it. We'll just keep the Purell handy.

But one of these days, surely to goodness I will learn to not just blindly hold out my hand so he can hand them off to me.

2 comments:

Weary Mom said...

Yes, I think I would definitely rethink this "sticking your hand out" idea. He might decide that it's more fun to go hunting baby snakes... and that would be even worse.

;)

Dave said...

Actually, I think my wife would be proud if Ethan brought her a baby snake. He found a snakeskin in the backyard a few months ago, and he still has it... a proud reminder of his "find". :-)