Saturday, May 27, 2006

Growth

I'm very sorry, but I'm about to bore you with pictures of our plants. I can't help it - I'm far more enthralled with this project than I should be.















This is a Cosmo sprout - the latest addition to our little plant family. I planted this on Thursday, and it sprouted last night, making it the fastest-sprouting of the three by a long shot.


















This is the pot o' tomatoes yesterday....


















....and here they are today. They've definitely shown the most dramatic growth. A couple of the sprouts in this picture still have little seed husks stuck to their tips. I pulled them off so they could spread their leaves, but the last one I pulled was stuck, and I accidentally pulled the top half of the leaves off. I felt horrible about it - as if I had ripped off their arms or something. I hope that one survives.




















And here we have the thyme. Reaching for the sun. I love moving them around during the day just to see them stretch in the direction of the light.

OK. I'll stop now. Thanks for indulging me.

4 comments:

Gail said...

Awww, they all look great!

I'm so excited about this. Perhaps a little bit too excited!! I can't wait to get started planting stuff w/the boys!

Happily Confused said...

Hi! I hope the one whose top leaf was pulled off by mommy recover... did it? :>

Becky said...

Congrats on the plant babies, : ) I grow hundreds of seedlings each year and I'm always enthralled, well...unless they die on me, LOL!

mommy said...

Well, there are no dead tomato plants (yet), so I guess it came through OK.

I was so inspired, I've now got a 72 "pot" flat with green beans, peas, carrots, basil, chives, cilantro, zucchini, and canteloupe. I planted everything on Sunday, and I've already got some tiny little bean sprouts, and I think a carrot and a pea, though those are so teeny it might be to early to be sure.

We'll see if maybe I've gone overboard a tad. I guess I've still got a little bit of time to figure out where the heck I'm going to put all this stuff in my yard!