Monday, April 10, 2006

Where the Money's at.


So here's what I'm wishing for this morning.

I wish that researchers would look into a stimulant similar to caffeine, but isn't excreted in breastmilk.

Seriously, wouldn't they make a killing? Whoever discovered that would be very, very wealthy indeed.

I tried a Diet Coke soon after Aidan was born. He spazzed out and practically didn't sleep for something like 3 days. I didn't try again for a long time, and then a couple weeks ago had half a can of Coke Zero. Huge mistake. Aidan still can't handle the caffeine.

Moms of newborns NEED something to help them stay awake. Especially when they already have a toddler. It's patently unfair that everyone gets to partake of caffeine except for the people who need it most of all.

So...any R&D people out there, take notes. Stimulant for new mommies that does not also stimulate the newborn = vast riches.

5 comments:

Snickle said...

It would have to be as potent as a Mountain Dew, with no sugar or nasty chemicals and doesn't pass the caffiene on to the baby. Shouldn't be too hard.

mommy said...

Yes - that's exactly it! I don't think it's too much to ask, really.

Ah, well. I can dream...

Gail said...

Hey ladies, check this out! :-P

No sugar, no carbs, 8 calories per can...tons of vitamins...I read somewhere that Vitamin B12 (sounds like bingo to me!) is supposta help with milk production also and this is packed with B12!! Now, I admit it...that piece of info about milk production is secondhand info that I have not had a chance to verify...but if it's true...WOOHOO!! lol

Gail said...

Ok, you'd think I'd remember to post the addy! Brain...still...asleep...

http://www.fatburndiet.com/XS_Energy.htm

Useless Man said...

I don't drink much breastmilk, so I hope you find the stimulant you need.

Ill stick to my coffee. Black.