Saturday, April 01, 2006

100 Things (Finally. Stupid HTML.)

I am a copycat. I caved and did the "100 Things About Me" that everyone else in the blogosphere has done. As far as I can tell, the only way to be able to link to it, is to post it and then link it from the post.

Here you go - more than you ever wanted to know about me:
  1. I was born in Michigan, raised in Georgia, lived in Connecticut for just over two years, and now here I am in Texas.
  2. I like it here in Texas, but I'd rather live in Georgia again. Or Tennessee - I am rather fond of Tennessee.
  3. I once found a perfect sand dollar on the beach in Tybee Island, GA. My friend's little brother later stepped on it and crushed it.
  4. I've never found another - it's not for lack of searching.
  5. I'm married to the only man I've ever loved. I love him more each and every day - he's amazing.
  6. I met my husband online in a chat room.
  7. I have two children.
  8. I always thought for certain I would have three little girls. So far I've had two boys.
  9. I'm a stay-at-home mom.
  10. I'm a Seventh-Day Adventist.
  11. Because of this, I'm not supposed to eat things like pork and shellfish.
  12. Despite this, I sometimes use bacon or bacon grease in my cooking.
  13. I have a tattoo, on my right ankle. The sun, moon, and a star.
  14. The only piercings I have are the ones in my ears. I have two in each ear, but I think only one set is still functional - the other set has closed.
  15. I used to work for the Shriners, and got to go to the circus and fair for free every year.
  16. Every time my husband and I have moved, I've been pregnant (we moved twice with Ethan and once with Aidan).
  17. I'm naturally blonde, but it's gotten progressively darker as I've gotten older.
  18. The color of my hair in my profile picture is NOT the color it is currently. That was a failed attempt at a platinum blonde, and was immediately rectified.
  19. I am seriously addicted to Saucettes. If you don't know what those are, trust me - you don't want to know.
  20. I truly suck at shopping for gifts. I really have to be told by someone exactly what it is they want, and of course that always ruins the surprise.
  21. I love to read, and am for the most part resistant to my husband's urgings to go digital with my reading material.
  22. I will read just about any kind of book, except mysteries (although I have been known to read a mystery here and there).
  23. My dream is to become a piano technician.
  24. I plan to homeschool my kids.
  25. I'm great at simple arithmetic, but horrible at anything beyond that.
  26. I'm very anal about grocery shopping. I check sale papers and clip coupons and go to at least 3 stores every week.
  27. I wish I could sleep more than I do.
  28. When I can let my body set its own schedule, I'm a major night owl, and I sleep about 10 hours at a stretch. Obviously this isn't something I've been able to do for a couple of years now.
  29. I'd much rather unload the dishwasher than load it.
  30. I'd much rather dust than vacuum.
  31. I don't mind doing laundry, but I hate folding it and putting it away.
  32. I got glasses because with the new baby I was sleeping in my contacts, but now that I have them I still don't always take my contacts out at night.
  33. I'm not usually crazy about shopping, unless I'm looking for something specific. I'm not typically a browser.
  34. I love candles.
  35. I love IKEA.
  36. There's not much I miss about living in Connecticut, but the Yankee Candle flagship store about half an hour away, and IKEA about 45 minutes away are two things I sorely miss.
  37. I still can't believe it's been 10 years since I was 20.
  38. I still feel like I'm in my early 20's.
  39. I really love to cook, but don't have the time.
  40. I've tried and tried to make fried chicken, but it's something I just can't do well.
  41. I have no patience for noise - it's a major anxiety trigger for me.
  42. Actually, I have very little patience, period.
  43. I'm trying really, really hard to do better, though.
  44. I've not yet been to college, because I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. There are way too many choices, and I've never been able to just narrow it down and pick one.
  45. I'm interested in just about everything.
  46. I've tried and tried to understand football, but it's still beyond me. I know about touchdowns, and I know about tackles, and really that's the extent of it.
  47. When I was in the 5th grade (or maybe it was the 6th?) we played flag football in PE. Somehow I ended up with the ball and started running for my life, and realized there was no one behind me. For a split second I thought I was just that fast! but no, I was just running in the wrong direction.
  48. So yeah...football...not my thing.
  49. I love weight training.
  50. I hate cardio.
  51. If you EVER see me running, I'm not doing it for my health - someone is chasing me.
  52. I got chicken pox in the 8th grade. In the middle of the school year.
  53. I have several scars from it, because I couldn't stop picking.
  54. I get so focused on details that I often miss the big picture.
  55. I hate wearing shoes. I don't unless I'm going somewhere.
  56. I would much rather be hot than cold. This is a big reason Texas is a much better fit for me than Connecticut.
  57. I love thunderstorms.
  58. I love the wind.
  59. I hate talking on the phone. I have tons of anxiety about the stupid phone.
  60. I'm an INFP.
  61. I'm a Libertarian.
  62. I'm very interested in politics, but am not a good enough communicator to really write anything about them or talk about them with anyone but my mom and my husband.
  63. I've been to three countries outside of the US - Bahamas, Great Britain, and Canada.
  64. I had my first drink in London, at the theatre. I was 19. It was brandy.
  65. I didn't have another drink until about a year later, in Savannah. It was cherry brandy.
  66. After I got over the brandy thing, I mostly drank Jack Daniels.
  67. I've never been a beer drinker. I really just don't like it.
  68. These days, if I drink, it's wine.
  69. I prefer a red over a white.
  70. But I read somewhere that in blind tests, with the reds the same temperature as the whites, even the experts couldn't really tell the difference.
  71. I'm still not sure if I really believe that's true...?
  72. I don't like champagne.
  73. I'm a sucker for a good conspiracy theory.
  74. I can't for the life of me say "architecture." It always comes out "architexture," no matter how many times I try, or how slowly I say it.
  75. I can, however, say "lecture" and "conjecture" with no problem whatsoever. Go figure.
  76. I've always gotten along better with men than with women.
  77. I'm shy.
  78. I've been told that people think I'm stuck up because of this.
  79. It really hurts my feelings when people think I'm stuck up, because nothing could be farther from the truth.
  80. I suffer often from the Paralysis of Analysis. I tend to overthink things way too much.
  81. I have a horrible potty mouth.
  82. I've tried not to pass it on to Ethan, but I'm afraid I've failed.
  83. I'm not a great writer, but I do recognize great writing when I see it.
  84. When I was a teen and in my early twenties I was a huge fan of both the Cure and Tori Amos.
  85. I never grew out of either.
  86. I seem to unconsciously mimic the accents of people I'm around.
  87. I once worked for a very small software company whose employees included Indian, Dutch, British, Chinese, and several Southern people.
  88. Needless to say, my accent ended up being very strange, which I didn't notice until someone at an auto parts store (not two miles from where I'd been living for the past almost-twenty years) asked me where I was from.
  89. My birthday is June 21.
  90. This puts me on the cusp of Cancer and Gemini.
  91. I identify far more with Cancer and that's what I tell people I am.
  92. I love Halloween.
  93. I haven't passed out candy in two years, because both years some punk-ass kids vandalized either our house or our vehicle right before, and I didn't want to unwittingly hand out candy to the kids who did it.
  94. Yes, that makes me bitter.
  95. I love all things Irish.
  96. I love sheep.
  97. Sometimes I really miss living in Atlanta.
  98. When I drink water, I have to do it in sets of either 7 or 10 swallows.
  99. I hate taking medicine. I don't take it unless absolutely positively necessary.
  100. I have a very hard time talking about my feelings.

3 comments:

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

I love things like that! It's like reading your story with darted numbers in a train of thought! I can't believe you're going to home school. I've thought about it but I don't have enough confidence in myself. I have an English degree and a lot of people are nudging me to do it, I just don't think I'm home school material. Power to you!!!!!! I also have a lot of phone anxiety, but the way. It seems as though the second I have a moment to myself, the phone rings and someone comes to take it away from me! Also, I was certain I would have two girls, very, very close in age... and I DID! I know you didn't, so maybe that's where our similarities end. I have two gorgeous daughters who are 16 months apart.

I really enjoyed this. I'm going to have to sit down and do one myself.

Nikki said...

Hey Ami, just learned a bunch about ya! What in the world are Saucettes?

mommy said...

Saucettes are fake sausage links. They are made of vegetable protein and come in a can.

See? You can't say I didn't warn you. ;)