Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Who do you look like?

Once about 10 years ago, I went to the salon to get my nails done. The guy who was doing my nails asked me out of the blue if I was Chinese.

?!?!

Do you SEE my picture up there? Do I look Chinese? I didn't think so either. Odd, no?

I told him no, I wasn't, and he told me I had Oriental features. This really threw me, because I have blonde hair, blue eyes, I'm tall, and I have an enormous bone structure!

That little exchange always stuck with me, just because it seemed so bizarre.

Fast forward 10 years. I'm playing around online, surfing, when I come upon this website. The way it works is, you upload your picture, and it will scan it and tell you who you look like. You can have it compare you to everyone, or just famous people (the option I chose).

(Go ahead - try it. It's fun!)

Now, the people that I've most often been told I resemble are Drew Barrymore, Tori Amos, and Cybil Shepard. So I was not really prepared for the results that I got.

Aside from the fact that they think I look more like a man than a woman (I got FAR more male matches than female - Manuel Noriega? Benjamin Netanyahu? Eminem?!?!) I got alot of Oriental matches. A LOT.

Which instantly brought to mind weird little tidbit of nail salon conversation. I guess he was right after all.

No comments: