Monday, March 20, 2006

The Mind Works in Mysterious Ways.

Today Ethan had raspberries as part of his lunch. He was sitting in his chair, eating, and suddenly he decided he wanted me to sing!

"Sing, Mommy!"
"What do you want me to sing?"
"Play a game!" (One of these Things is Not Like the Others, from Sesame Street)

So I did. Then,

"Sing again, Mommy!"
"What should I sing?"
"Sing about raspberries!"

?!?!

So, totally on the spur of the moment, this is what I came up with. This is not to any tune that you would know - the tune was spur of the moment too.

"Raspberry, Raspberry, where have you been?
I've been to London to visit the Queen.
Raspberry, Raspberry, where did you go?
I went to Alcatraz under the snow."

OK, WTF? Alcatraz? Snow? What is my mind doing?! Where did that come from? We were sorta-kinda all right up until the 3rd line, and then it all just went to crap.

You know what's even scarier? He made me sing it over and over, and people, he is learning the song and singing it back to me!