Thursday, March 09, 2006

"I'm an introvert.... Now please shush."

I (heart) Jonathon Rauch. He really gets it. Shyness and Introversion are not the same thing.

He wrote an excellent piece on introverts for the Atlantic.

And to follow up, here is an interview, also from the Atlantic.

"When there's a conversation flowing around me and everyone else is so quick with their responses, I alsmost imagine that other people's brains are endowed with some kind of fast-acting comment-generating engine...I have no gift for that. I have to think about what to say next, and sometimes I can't think fast enough and end up saying something stupid. Or sometimes I just come up dry and the conversation kind of ends for a while until I can think of another topic...There's nothing small about small talk if you're an introvert."

BOY, can I relate to that!

Everyone, introverts and extroverts alike, should read both pieces.

Also? That title up there? I want that on a T-shirt.

No comments: