Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Hallelujah!!!

We had a 100% genuine potty success!

Not a Mommy-led trip to the potty (successful, but not for the right reasons).

Not a Ethan-led false-alarm sitting in the bathroom for 15 minutes or more.

A really truly successful pee pee in the big boy potty!

And to think that just yesterday I told my husband to just go ahead and pick up another box of diapers on his way home from work today. I was so discouraged by the regression the past 3 or 4 days.

But this morning! Wow! He was sitting on the couch, and suddenly said, "Mommy, I gotta go potty!" So I said, "good! Great! OK! Let's go! Hurry!"

But then he got stage fright and buried himself in a blanket. So I excavated him, rushed him in there, sat him down, and HE WENT!!! Hooray!!

We called Daddy at work and bragged. We called Grandma and bragged. He wanted to call Granddaddy and brag, but I told him Granddaddy probably wouldn't appreciate it quite as much.

Then we sat down and had half a container of raspberries as a huge, big-boy reward!

UPDATE: Final count successful potty trips, with Ethan leading: 4!!! That's right: FOUR! WOOHOO!

No comments: