Monday, January 23, 2006

OK, so it's been over a month since I posted last. I've had alot going on.

Aidan has finally arrived, on January 3, weighing in at 6 lbs, 12 ounces, and 20 inches long. Almost the exact size as Ethan when he was born - just an ounce shy and 1/2 an inch longer.

I'm exhausted, but my recovery has been much easier this time around. It helps that Aidan is a very good baby (knock on wood).

My mom is here helping me out. She is SUCH a huge help - I honestly don't know what I'd do without her. I'm kind of afraid of how I'm going to cope when she's gone. I don't know how people do it, with a toddler and a new baby. I don't feel sometimes that I'm transitioning very well - I sometimes feel kind of overwhelmed when I think about having to deal with both boys at the same time.

God, I am such a wuss.

Anyway, Ethan really loves his new brother. He's jealous of our attentions, but he really deals well with the baby. He's very protective of him, telling us when he hears him crying, and coming close and touching him when we've got him out on the couch. You can really tell how proud he is of his new little brother.

Ethan's been a little more defiant and loud lately, but I guess that's to be expected. Hopefully it won't last long.

So! Maybe I can get back to blogging more often, now that I'm starting to (try to) settle in (somewhat) to my new role as Mom of Two.

No comments: