Wednesday, December 07, 2005

A plea to everyone my husband works with:

People - STOP COMING TO WORK SICK!!! No one wants your germs!

Our family has been sick pretty much without a break since just before Halloween. As soon as we pass it around between the three of us, and the last one is getting over it, my husband brings home something new.

I have said this many, many times, but I'll say it again: if I am EVER in a managerial position (never mind the unlikelihood of that scenario), and an employee of mine comes in sick, I am sending them home. It's just not worth it to me. I would have no problem paying for sick time, just don't bring those germs in to me!!

Have you guessed by now that Ethan is sick this morning? This is the third time for him since Halloween. Poor little guy. He slept in late and woke up with a slight fever. He's been so clingy I've had to hold him non-stop all morning - he cried when I would put him down. So he spent all morning hanging onto me and laying his head on my chest. I fed him a cup of yogurt (try doing THAT when your baby doesn't want to lift his head from your chest! It's fun!) and dosed him with Advil and last I knew he was laying on Soft Blanket on the couch watching A Charlie Brown Christmas. I hope he can shake it quickly.

No comments: