Monday, October 24, 2005

My mother and grandmother just left my house this morning. They were here for most of last week, and it was wonderful to have them. Ethan was completely spoiled, and loved every second of it! I was completely spoiled too - they did way more laundry and many more loads of dishes than they should have, but I couldn't stop them. I even tried to hide the vacuum from my grandmother to get her to relax a little, but she just went and found the broom. Thank you mom and grandma - you were a HUGE help to me!

We didn't do much in the way of sightseeing; mostly we just putzed around at the Goodwill, Big Lots, Target, and WalMart, but I had fun. I hope they did too.

Ethan's schedule is a little confused. I've been trying to get him to take a later nap, so he'll sleep a little longer. The problem is, with the later nap, he sleeps TOO long, waking up very late in the afternoon with only a couple of hours until bedtime. I may have to switch it back. I just don't know how to handle it, really, because switching it back means he doesn't take as long a nap again. *sigh*

Before the grandmas left this morning, they gave Ethan his birthday presents - a little battery-operated jackhammer/shovel set, complete with "realistic" sounds, and a card with some money in it, which I plan to use to get him something else he can unwrap for his birthday. He's been playing with the jackhammer set nonstop this morning. Just now he was jackhammering his foot, which tickled, and was laughing, but also saying "ow!!" so he must instinctively know it hurts to jackhammer your foot. He also hurt himself somehow while playing in his room and came out to get his shovel and rub it on the scratch his face. I'm not sure how that's supposed to help, but as long as he thinks it did, I guess....perception is reality.

It's COLD this morning. Well, cold for Texas in October. At least, I assume it is. It was 37 this morning, and it felt like 33, according to weather.com. The high today will be only in the mid 60's. I love this weather. Especially being pregnant, it's much more comfortable than 103 with a heat index of 110-115.

Still haven't decided what Ethan's going to be for Halloween. We won't be giving out candy from the house, but I'm going to be taking him around the neighborhood.